Monday, November 30, 2009

The Ugly truth

Ok I said I was going to post my stats and here they are! My chest is mesuring at 39" arm is 11 1/2", tummy is 39", waist is 37 1/2", Hips 40 1/2", and thigh is 23". I don't have my weight I left my scale at my mom's and forgot to get it. My biggest problem area is my tummy other wise known as "Muffin Top". I hate my mid section, it's like that black plague!! (see photos) That is the part I want to take the most inches off. The rest I just need to tone up. Today I decided to watch my calories better so I'm going to post what I ate and how many calories it was. I know there is lots of debate as to how many calories we should eat a day, is it 1200 or 1600? All I know is that you should eat better and eat less junk it's a no brainer!! So this morning I had 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of skim milk(100) and 2 tbs.brown sugar(30) and a piece of whole grain toast(100) with 2 tbs. butter(90). So that was 410 calories all together. Then for lunch I had what I call chicken nugget salad. It had 5 chicken nuggets(210) 1 cup of Iceburg lettuce salad mix(8) and 2 tbs. bbq sauce(50) and 2 tbs. ranch dressing(130). That's 398 total! Not bad for my first day but I could use some help. I know I need to buy more things that are less calories and that will fill me up better. I have also walked out side for about 15 min total this morning. I've got to figure out a way to get in some more exercise time. Maybe I'll bust out my hip hop abs dvd's tonight. Please check out the poll question for today. Again if you read this blog and you have good advice for me please post a comment!







2 comments:

  1. Good for you girl! I too am doing some things to change my life. I have PCOS which makes it hard for me to get pregnant. So I have decided to cut out all sugars, which include simple carbs. (anything white) which is all fine and well except said SUGAR. I LOVE ICE CREAM! This will be my downfall.
    I am hopeful this will regulate my insulin levels (no i'm not diabetic, it's a side effect of PCOS) and in turn make my cycles regular and help make getting pregnant easier when the time comes and advoid some of the drugs I have to take in order to get pregnant...
    You are brave to post all your stats, but it's true, you cant change what you don't acknowledge.
    My advice - eat often - 2,3 hours, little meals with lots of protein. My favorite lunch is Spinach leaves with Salmon (tuna or chicken are good too), red wine vinegrette dressing, chopped almonds, and craisins..YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I think you are awesome and this blog is a great idea. The best way to loss the belly is cardio. If possible up you walking to at least 30 minutes a day and after a warm up make it a power walk. Really challenge yourself. Do some sort of resistance training 3x a week. This won't only make everything look tighter but it will speed up your metabolism.

    Avoid processed foods and eat plenty of lean protein. Vegetables are great if you are a "bored eater". Don't completely give up your favorites because it will come back and bite you in the end just watch your portions.
    http://www.mypyramid.gov/ is a great place for personal nutrition information.
    Don't cut too many calories or your body won't burn like it should. You should have at least...
    [655+(4.35x weight in lbs)+(4.7x height in inches)-(4.7x age in years)]
    ...calories a day. That number is the amount of calories it takes to breath and your heart to beat, to think, etc.

    I'm a certified trainer and I know my stuff so let me know if you have any questions or support. Sorry about the novel long comment. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete